Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Best Mexican Food in Hays County



Moving to Wimberley from Nashville, I was elated about the prospect of top quality Mexican and Tex Mex cuisine. I had until very recently been disappointed by the local offerings. It seems mediocre mex and dry burgers were the specialty of the region.

That all changed when a new owner took over the small diner in the Shell station here in town. There are 2 specials every day and a list of a dozen or so tacos. They also make there own salsas and pico, with 6 or 8 available for your dining pleasure every day.

The Enchiladas were amazing, as are most of the specials, and the Barbacoa Taco is almost a must have for most visits.

I really hope that they can make a go of it and stick around. I implore you all to support them, just so long as the line doesn't get too long.

2 comments:

tracy said...

I'm glad to see these new posts, Josh. These make me want to come visit!

monochromish said...

You guys should head on back down soon.

What I'm Reading

Followers

What I'm listening to lately

  • Ben Kweller-Changing Horses
  • Trojan Country Reggae Box Set
  • The Grand Archives
  • Sun is Shining- Bob Marley vs Lee Scratch Perry
  • A.C. Newman-Get Guilty
  • Justin Townes Earle-The Good Life
  • Bon Iver-Blood Bank
  • Breathe Owl Breathe-Ghost Glacier
  • Noah and the Whale
  • Conor Oberst
  • Frightened Rabbit-The Midnight Organ Fight

Smitty's Barbecue

Smitty's Barbecue