Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Best in Low Brow Dining


After months of bragging about the dish that I created, I was finally able to share what I claim to be a true culinary treat. Not only is it tasty, it's no doubt quite healthy. One afternoon while pondering my order at Inoz here in Wimberley, I couldn't decide whether to go with their nachos, or a burger with their curly fries, the only edible fries in Wimberley at the time. It was then that I jokingly asked the waiter if I could have their nachos with curly fries instead of corn chips. Before I could look up from my menu he had taken off to the kitchen to inquire with the chef. He returned and at that moment the dish was born.

It weighs close to 3 pounds, and is absolutely delicious! The aftermath however is a combination of the worst Thanksgiving with the unsettling feeling that you have a softball made of lead that is lodged in your stomach. It hasn't quite made it on to the menu, but I can't recommend highly enough asking for this treat. It is certainly enough to feed 3, but I suggest try to eat one on your own.

Looking forward to trying D'Blazios frito pie pizza later this month.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

Followers

What I'm listening to lately

  • Ben Kweller-Changing Horses
  • Trojan Country Reggae Box Set
  • The Grand Archives
  • Sun is Shining- Bob Marley vs Lee Scratch Perry
  • A.C. Newman-Get Guilty
  • Justin Townes Earle-The Good Life
  • Bon Iver-Blood Bank
  • Breathe Owl Breathe-Ghost Glacier
  • Noah and the Whale
  • Conor Oberst
  • Frightened Rabbit-The Midnight Organ Fight

Smitty's Barbecue

Smitty's Barbecue